World

Laquan McDonald shooting: federal prosecutors will not charge officer

US attorney’s office in Chicago said in a news release that the decision had been made after consulting with the McDonald family and that the “family was in agreement not to pursue a second prosecution”.
Civil rights leaders had called for new charges after Jason Van Dyke, convicted of murder in state court, was released in FebruaryFederal authorities on Monday said they would not criminally charge Jason Van Dyke, the former Chicago police officer convicted of murder in the 2014 shooting death of Laquan McDonald.The
Source: the guardian

Summary automatically generated by NewSUM A.I. from the following sources:

About the author